Welcome to a customer community (the “Community”) of Danfoss A/S (“Danfoss”). This Community provides information about Danfoss for its current customers and distributors.
OWNERSHIP OF THE COMMUNITY
The Community is owned and operated by Danfoss A/S (hereinafter referred to as Danfoss), a corporation incorporated under the laws of Denmark, having its principle office in Nordborg.
ACCESS TO THE COMMUNITY
In order to use the Services, you must be a current customer or distributor of Danfoss. You must be invited by Danfoss to receive access to the Community. If at any time, you or your company ceases to be a customer or distributor of Danfoss, your access may be terminated. Additionally, your employer may restrict your access to the Community upon written request to Danfoss.
You are responsible for the security of your passwords and for any use of your account. You will not divulge your user name and password to other parties either on or off the Community, and you must immediately notify Danfoss of any unauthorized use of your password or account by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
THESE TERMS ARE NOT APPLICABLE TO COMPANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES
USE OF THE COMMUNITY
The Community may contain forums, bulletin board services, live chat areas, message boards, news groups, web sites, mobile applications, configurators, tools, calculators, calendars, and/or other message or communication facilities designed to allow you to communicate with Danfoss and other customers of Danfoss.
You agree to use the Community only for lawful purposes:
(a) Specifically you agree not to do any of the following: (1) upload to or transmit on the Community any defamatory, indecent, obscene, harassing, violent or otherwise objectionable material, or any material that is, or may be, protected by copyright, without permission from the copyright owner; (2) use the Community to violate the legal rights (including the rights of publicity and privacy) of others or to violate the laws of any jurisdiction; (3) intercept or attempt to intercept electronic mail not intended for you; (4) misrepresent an individual or an affiliation with any person or organization; (5) upload to or transmit on the Community any advertisements or solicitations of business; (6) restrict or inhibit use of the Community by others, including disrupting the normal flow of dialogue, causing a screen to scroll faster than other users are able to type, or otherwise acting in a way which affects the ability of other people to engage in real time activities via the Community; (7) upload or otherwise transmit files that contain a virus or corrupted data; (8) collect information about others (including e-mail addresses) without their consent; (9) download a file or software or include in a message any software, files or links that you know, or have reason to believe, cannot be distributed legally over the Community or that you have a contractual obligation to keep confidential (notwithstanding its availability on the Community); (10) post “spam,” transmit chain letters or engage in other similar activities; (11) advocate illegal activity or discuss an intent to commit an illegal act; (12) disobey any policy or regulations, including any code of conduct or other guidelines, established from time to time regarding use of the Community or any networks connected to the Community; (13) falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is permissibly uploaded; or (14) engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Community, or which, as determined by Danfoss, may harm Danfoss or users of the Community or expose them to liability.
(b) Any content and/or opinions uploaded, expressed or submitted to a message board, blog, chat room or any other publicly available section of the Community (including password-protected areas), and all articles and responses to questions, other than the content provided by Danfoss, are solely the opinions and responsibility of the person or entity submitting them and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Danfoss. You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for whatever content you submit, and you, not Danfoss, have full responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability and appropriateness. By uploading or otherwise transmitting material to any area of the Community, you warrant that the material is your own, is in the public domain or otherwise free of proprietary or other restrictions and that you have the right to post it to the Community. You grant to Danfoss the right to use all content you upload or otherwise transmit to the Community in any manner Danfoss chooses, including, but not limited, to copying, displaying, performing or publishing it in any format whatsoever, modifying it, incorporating it into other material or making a derivative work based on it.
(c) To access the Community or some of the resources it offers, you may be asked to provide certain registration details or other information. It is a condition of your use of the Community that all the information you provide on the Community will be correct, current and complete.
(d) Danfoss reserves the right, but does not assume any responsibility, to (1) remove any material posted on the Community which Danfoss, in its sole discretion, deems inconsistent with the foregoing commitments, including any material Danfoss has been notified, or has reason to believe, constitutes a copyright infringement; and (2) terminate any user’s access to all or part of the Community. However, Danfoss can neither review all material before it is posted on the Community nor ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, Danfoss assumes no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications or content provided by third parties. Danfoss reserves the right to take any action it deems necessary to protect the personal safety of users of the Community and the public; however, Danfoss has no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this paragraph.
(e) Your failure to comply with the provisions of (a) (b) or (c) above may result in the termination of your access to the Community and may expose you to civil and/or criminal liability.
COPYRIGHT RESTRICTIONS/USE OF CONTENT
The entire contents of the Community (including all information, software, text, displays, images and audio) (collectively, the “Content”) and the design, selection and arrangement thereof, are proprietary to Danfoss or its affiliates or licensors and are protected by United States and international laws regarding copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets and other proprietary rights. You are authorized only to use the Content on the Community for a legitimate business purposes related to your role as a customer or distributor of Danfoss. You may not copy, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display or perform, republish, store, transmit or distribute any of the Content on the Community without the prior written consent of Danfoss, except to: (a) store copies of the Content temporarily in RAM, (b) store files that are automatically cached by your web browser for display enhancement purposes, and (c) print a reasonable number of pages of the Community; provided in each case that you do not alter or remove any copyright or other proprietary notices included in such Content. Neither the title nor any intellectual property rights to any information or material in the Community are transferred to you, but remain with Danfoss or the applicable owner of such Content. Except as expressly authorized by Danfoss in writing, you may not reproduce, sell or exploit for any commercial purposes (i) any part of the Community, (ii) access to the Community or (iii) use of the Community or of any Services or Content available through the Community.
Danfoss name, the terms “DANFOSS,” “PARTNERLINK,”, “DESIGN CENTER”, "POWERSOURCE", the “S” logo and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans are trademarks of Danfoss and/or its affiliates or licensors. You may not use such marks without the prior written permission of Danfoss. All other names, brands and marks are used for identification purposes only and may be the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Danfoss and any party that provided trademarks and logos, to Danfoss retain all rights with respect to any of their respective trademarks and logos appearing on the Community.
You understand that Danfoss cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the Internet will be free of viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other code that may manifest contaminating or destructive properties. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to the Community for any reconstruction of any lost data. Danfoss does not assume any responsibility or risk for your use of the Internet.
If other users of the Community post suggestions or ideas for the use or maintenance of Company products, such suggestions are not endorsed by, and do not represent the opinions of Danfoss. Danfoss has the right, but not the obligation, to review and comment on, correct, or approve any suggestions or ideas by users. You are solely responsible for, and Danfoss shall have no liability in connection with, your use of the comments or suggestions provided by any other user.
YOUR USE OF THE COMMUNITY IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. DANFOSS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. DANFOSS DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS OR CONTENT CONTAINED IN THE COMMUNITY WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED OR THAT THE COMMUNITY OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. DANFOSS DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION REGARDING USE, OR THE RESULT OF USE, OF THE CONTENT IN TERMS OF ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR OTHERWISE. THE CONTENT MAY INCLUDE TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS, AND DANFOSS MAY MAKE CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENTS AT ANY TIME. YOU, AND NOT DANFOSS, ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION IN THE EVENT OF ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING FROM THE USE OF THE COMMUNITY OR ITS CONTENT. DANFOSS MAKES NO WARRANTIES THAT YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT WILL NOT INFRINGE THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE CONTENT.
All of the information in the Community, whether historical in nature or forward-looking, speaks only as of the date the information is posted on the Community, and Danfoss does not undertake any obligation to update such information after it is posted or to remove such information from the Community if it is not, or is no longer accurate or complete.
Some of the Content on the Community has been translated from English into other language as a convenience to users. Danfoss has used commercially reasonable efforts to accurately translate the Content, but it is possible that errors may have occurred during this process. Danfoss does not warrant that the translation is error-free, and Danfoss shall not be liable to anyone due to errors in translation.
LIABILITY OF DANFOSS AND ITS LICENSORS
Danfoss does not assume any liability for the Content provided on, or available through, the Community. Reliance on the Content is solely at your own risk. Danfoss disclaims any liability for injury or damages resulting from the use of any the Content.
IN NO EVENT WILL DANFOSS OR ITS LICENSORS OR CONTRACTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE COMMUNITY, THE CONTENT, ANY SERVICES PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE COMMUNITY OR ANY LINKED COMMUNITY, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOST PROFITS OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM DELAY, INTERRUPTION IN SERVICE, VIRUSES, DELETION OF FILES OR ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS, OR ERRORS, OMISSIONS OR OTHER INACCURACIES IN THE COMMUNITY, THE CONTENT OR SERVICES, WHETHER OR NOT THERE IS NEGLIGENCE BY DANFOSS AND WHETHER OR NOT DANFOSS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH DAMAGES.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE COLLECTIVE LIABILITY OF DANFOSS AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, CONTENT PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS TO ANY PARTY (REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE) EXCEED THE GREATER OF $100 OR THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID TO DANFOSS FOR THE APPLICABLE CONTENT OR SERVICE OUT OF WHICH LIABILITY AROSE.
PRIVACY, PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION AND SECURITY
COMMENTS AND SUBMISSIONS
Danfoss welcomes your comments. Any communication or material that you transmit to the Community by e-mail or otherwise is, and will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary information. Anything you transmit or post may be used by Danfoss for any purpose. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from this Community any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, or other material that may violate any law.
By sending Danfoss any information, comment, suggestion or material (each, a “Submission”), you agree that Danfoss may use, reproduce, display, perform, modify, transmit, and distribute such Submission, and you also agree that Danfoss is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques that you send Danfoss for any purpose, including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing, and marketing products incorporating such ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed. Danfoss will not be required to treat any Submission as confidential, and may (but is not obligated to) use any Submission in its business (including without limitation, for products or advertising) without incurring any liability for royalties or any other consideration of any kind, and will not incur any liability as a result of any similarities that may appear in future Company operations.
Danfoss takes great care in creating and maintaining this Site, and in providing accurate and up-to-date content such as, but not limited to, price quotations and product descriptions. However, the content of this Site is subject to frequent modifications without prior notice. Therefore, Danfoss does not guarantee the correct and actual status of said content.
The users to the Site accept Danfoss' exoneration of any liability whatsoever for the content of the Site, the software on the Site or for any use made of it.
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide Danfoss with written notice detailing the possible infringement by emailing Danfoss at email@example.com.
While Danfoss will use its best efforts to fulfill all orders, Danfoss cannot guarantee the availability of any particular product displayed on this Community. Danfoss reserves the right to discontinue the sale of any product listed on this Community at any time without notice.
You shall have no rights to the proprietary software and related documentation, or any enhancements or modifications thereto, which may be provided to you in order to access specified areas within the Community. You may not sublicense, assign or transfer any licenses granted by Danfoss, and any attempt at such sublicense, assignment or transfer shall be null and void. You may not otherwise copy, distribute, modify, reverse engineer, or create derivative works from such software.
CHOICE OF LAW AND FORUM PROVISIONS
This Community resides on a server in the United States. You agree that these Terms and your use of this Community are governed by the laws of Denmark.
You hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts, tribunals, agencies and other dispute resolution organizations in Denmark in all disputes (a) arising out of, relating to, or concerning this Community and/or these Terms, (b) in which this Community and/or these Terms is an issue or a material fact, or (c) in which this Community and/or these Terms is referenced in a paper filed in a court, tribunal, agency or other dispute resolution organization. Danfoss has endeavored to comply with all legal requirements known to it in creating and maintaining this Community, but makes no representation that materials on this Community are appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction. You are responsible for compliance with applicable laws. Any use in contravention of this provision or any provision of these Terms is at your own risk and, if any part of these Terms is invalid or unenforceable under applicable law, the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of these Terms shall govern such use.
Danfoss Learning is an online platform containing courses developed by experts and is open 24 hours a day. Whether you are an installer, wholesaler, student, technician or developer at an OEM, the more you know Danfoss' products, solutions and services, the better you can use them to maximum effect. Danfoss Learning enables users to register and complete relevant training programs about Danfoss products and allows Danfoss to address users in this relationship. Danfoss offers online access to a variety of learning content about its products and applications (“Learning Material”) via Danfoss Learning.
Danfoss respects your concerns about the privacy of the personal data you provide to us. Your acceptance of these Danfoss Learning Terms signifies your consent to the collection, use, disclosure and storage (processing) of your personal data for the purposes set out herein.
2. Access is granted to you personally. You may only use your access to Danfoss Learning for educational purposes. You may extract reports or evidence of your completed courses or status at any time for your personal use.
3. You are responsible for the proper use of Danfoss Learning and the private nature of your personal data. You must ensure that your access to Danfoss Learning takes place on an authorized basis, and that the password is only used for the purpose intended. You must notify us in writing, and in accordance with the procedure prescribed by Danfoss at any time, upon termination of your use and access to Danfoss Learning. You are responsible for all use of Danfoss Learning by use of your Login ID until Danfoss has removed your login ID.
4. Danfoss reserves the right to change, suspend, remove or disable your use or access to Danfoss Learning in case of any breach of the Danfoss Learning Terms.
5. The Learning Material contains proprietary information which is owned by Danfoss and protected by applicable intellectual property rights. Except as expressly permitted herein, the Learning Material may not: i) be used for any other purpose except in compliance with these Danfoss Learning Terms; ii) be copied or reproduced in any form; or iii) be modified, rented, leased, sold, distributed or exploited commercially in any way.
6. The Learning Material is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis” for educational purposes only and any use hereof is at your sole risk. The application, results or information generated thereby, if any, are not and cannot substitute technical advice, are not promises for energy savings or specific results and should not be relied on as accurate data or analyses.
7. Danfoss disclaims all warranties and conditions regarding the Learning Material, whether express, implied, or statutory, including, but not limited to, conditions of merchantability, satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy, and non-infringement of third parties’ rights. Danfoss does not warrant that the Learning Material or Danfoss Learning will meet your requirements or that the operation hereof will be uninterrupted or error-free.
8. You accept that Danfoss may from time to time and without notice modify Danfoss Learning. Danfoss may also at any time stop the use, shut down or otherwise disable Danfoss Learning for any reason and without any liability for Danfoss. Danfoss will seek to make notifications to users regarding such information prior to it taking place. Information may be made only on the Danfoss Learning Site.
9. Unless expressly agreed otherwise in separate agreement, all costs and expenses incurred in connection with your signing on to, your access to and your use of Danfoss Learning shall be for your own account. You accept to abide by the technical requirements for use of Danfoss Learning at all times.
PERSONAL DATA - DATA CONTROLLER
10. These Danfoss Learning Terms apply to all data - including your personal data in particular - provided by you in your registration and use as a user of Danfoss Learning. Danfoss Learning is operated by Danfoss and on behalf of the Danfoss Group companies located worldwide.
11. By your registration and use of Danfoss Learning – you provide your personal data to Danfoss A/S, Nordborgvej 81, DK-6430 Nordborg, Denmark, being the parent company of Danfoss group. Danfoss A/S is the data controller for the purposes of collection and processing of data in respect of Danfoss Learning. Danfoss is responsible for that all persons or companies having access to or processing your personal data will abide by these Danfoss Learning Terms.
PERSONAL DATA - USE AND PURPOSE
12. Danfoss may use your personal data to administer your account, to maintain and improve Danfoss Learning, to target relevant courses and training to you and users, and for other marketing activities directed at you in relation to Danfoss products and services. Danfoss may generate training reports based on user account information, e.g. activity and course types.
13. Danfoss may contact you by way of e-mail, text message, telephone or mail with respect to above purpose.
14. Your personal data will be stored and will be accessible worldwide to relevant employees in sales, marketing and training departments, managers and employees within the Danfoss Group who are authorized to access your data in our training system. Danfoss may allow authorized service partners to process your personal data, when there is a legitimate need to such processing, and only on behalf of Danfoss in accordance with Danfoss instructions.
15. Your personal data is saved and stored on servers located either on the territory of European Union, or in countries approved as having adequate data protection laws, and either by Danfoss owned servers or servers hosted by authorized service provider bound by agreement with Danfoss.
16. Your personal data will be kept by Danfoss, or its authorized service partners acting on its behalf, as long as your account is active. If you have not used your account (logged into your account) for 24 months, Danfoss retains the right to de-activate and delete your account. Thereafter your personal data will be deleted without further notice.
HOW TO REVOKE YOUR CONSENT. INFORMATION ABOUT DANFOSS GROUP COUNTRIES
17. You can at any time revoke your consent and profile by way of writing an email to Danfosslearningsupport@danfoss.com, or by sending a letter to [Danfoss A/S, Danfoss Learning, Attn: Data administrator, Nordborgvej 81, 6430 Nordborg, Denmark]. Danfoss will ensure that your account and data is deleted. Kindly note that you will not be able to use Danfoss Learning without a personal account and the required personal data. You can always register again as a new account.
18. Information about relevant countries in Danfoss Group can be found at www.danfoss.com. Some of these countries may be located outside your country, and/or the European Union. You understand and confirm that the content of privacy laws may vary in different countries and consent that your personal data may be transferred to the country which does not provide similar protection as the laws in the country where you live. Danfoss take appropriate measures to continue to protect your data.
19. The application utilizes only first-party cookies (i.e. those set and consumed by the LMS itself) and purely for session maintenance purposes
When you access the application, cookies (specifically JSESSIONID and CsessionID) are set in order to maintain affinity for a given session. This ensures that you see only data relevant to your own login, and that your session is maintained as active for the correct amount of time before prompting again for user authentication credentials. On this basis, you must ensure that cookie support is enabled within your browser to utilize the Danfoss Learning application
Danfoss Learning does not share the value of session cookies with third-parties, and in any case these contain no user identifiable data.